Does a law firm need boiler and machinery insurance?

boiler and machinery coverage protects buildings.

Boiler and Machinery Insurance

Boiler and Machinery Insurance is an often overlooked insurance that can help protect your law firm from potential insurance claims.

To help provide some insight into what Boiler and Machinery Insurance are, we have compiled a list of the most common questions associated with the coverage.

What is Boiler and Machinery (Equipment Breakdown) Insurance? 

Equipment breakdown insurance for the financial losses incurred when equipment breaks down suddenly and accidentally.  Causes of loss can include power surges, short circuits, motor burnout, and mechanical breakdown.

Why Do I Need this Coverage? 

The costs associated with your equipment breaking down can be significant enough to affect the normal operations of your law firm.

Who Needs It? 

Suppose your law firm has or owns any type of large equipment like heating and air conditioning equipment, communication networks, or any other large pieces of equipment. In that case, you should consider this coverage.

What Does this Coverage Pay For? 

Equipment Breakdown coverage pays for the cost of repairing or replacing damaged equipment. It can also provide coverage for any income or extra expenses you incur to get your firm back up.

Our Law Firm Just Rents Our Building. Do I Still Need Boiler and Machinery Insurance? 

Even if you don’t own your building, you still face potential losses associated with equipment within your building that could break down. For example, damage to your phone systems, fax machines, computers, and air conditioning units can cause significant financial damage.

If your firm has any additional questions on how this insurance can help, please give our office a call.

Back to Blog

Where we are

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Get a quote

We typically respond within 24 hours.

Lawyers Insurance Alliance
39 W. 9000 S.
Sandy, UT 84070
Get Directions >