Law Firm Policies
A law firm policy (oftentimes called a business owners policy) combines property and general liability coverage. Policies from Lawyers Insurance Alliance offer comprehensive coverage as well as peace of mind.
Law firm policies include:
- Liability protection, which covers your firm’s legal responsibility for the harm it may cause to others. This harm is a result of you or your employees; negligence that may cause bodily injury or property damage.
- Property insurance for buildings and contents owned by the business. There are two different forms, standard and special. The special form provides more comprehensive coverage.
- Business interruption insurance, which covers the loss of income resulting from a fire or other catastrophe that disrupts the operation of the firm. It can also include the extra expense of operating out of a temporary location.
Law firm policies do NOT typically cover professional liability, auto insurance, worker’s compensation, or health and disability insurance. You’ll need separate insurance policies to cover professional services, vehicles, and your employees.
We suggest business owner policies for a variety of reasons. Talk to one of our risk advisors if you:
- Need general liability insurance coverage
- Own business equipment (computers, printers, furniture, etc.)
- Own and insure your location(s)
- Collect and store large amounts of data
- Could experience the damage of client property or dishonest employees
General Liability – Policies protect against claims made by individuals and businesses alleging bodily injury and associated medical expenses as well as property damage.
Property Liability – Policies may be written to cover business equipment, furniture, and accidental damage at multiple locations.
Contact Lawyers Insurance Alliance today. Our risk advisors are eager to customize a business owners policy to your specialized needs.